وصف الوظيفة :
To execute all the statutory and non-statutory formalities and ensure interactions are met and to implement and advice for all the compliances for the Oman Broadband Company (OBC). Provide support and advice to all OBC departments and staff relating to OBC legal requirements based on the directions of the Legal Counsel. To assist the Legal Counsel in the delivery of the day-to-day work requirements, such as agreements preparation, RFP preparation, agreements review, correspondence, processes and procedures relating to the legal affairs of OBC.
:KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all necessary legal documents relating to contracts and the provision of supplier services are in place (insurance, licences etc.) and any supplementary documents (letters of intent, termination notices, etc.) to ensure that contracts are complete and have the necessary additional documentation to protect the interests of OBC.
- Report any issues arising during the due diligence process to the Legal Counsel and make suggestions to tackle such issues.
- Review periodically, OBC’s standard Terms and Conditions which relate to the provision and receipt of services by researching market best practice and understanding fully the work streams and deliverables that OBC is engaged in, to seek legal counsel’s guidance with respect to the same and to ensure there is adequate legal protection in place.
- Provide legal advice on matters relating to the OBC business upon request from department’s heads or managers, covering areas such as employment law, HR policy and termination of agreements etc. to ensure that actions taken by senior staff within OBC are legal and appropriate.
- Take part in the process of establishing committees by drafting the legal establishment documentation which stipulate the roles and powers of the committee, then liaise with the Legal Counsel for signature, to ensure that each committee is governed by an agreed legal framework and set of rules.
- Review tender documents by using standard legal templates and send information to the technical teams as part of the request for proposal (“RFP”) drafting/refining process.
- Negotiate the legal requirements (method of payment, etc.) with shortlisted suppliers and discuss deliverables against key dates (seeking guidance and approval from the Legal Counsel at all times) before sending final documents to the CEO for sign off, in order to protect the interests of OBC.
- Report to the Legal Counsel any un-usual/suspicious with respect to the process of the RFP, contracts, service providers, etc. in order to protect the interest of OBC.
- Use the most updated standard form of contracts/agreements as released by the Legal Counsel from time-to-time.
- Execute documentation of all agreements and bonds for safeguarding company’s interest.
- Agreements related JV– Tech. Collaborations, Vendors, Lease agreements, Service agreements, Confidentiality share purchase agreements, dealership etc.
- Ensure that all departmental reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner to meet OBC policies and standards, and department requirements.